We have The Great Great Grandson of Frederick Douglass as our keynote speaker. Kevin Greene Douglass , A military man following in the footsteps of his Great Great Grandfather. Serving in the army with 20 years of active service, before retiring. He is also a Member of the 13th United States Color troops TN. Douglass Has received numerous Awards & citations & medals. He is most Proud to be working with his Family .The Frederick Douglass Family Initiative, Together they will fight with the same vigor as their great ancestor, “The Lion that wrote History”, Frederick Douglass. The FDFI will Continue to fight to end Modern Day Slavery with the goal of abolishing it World Wide.
Hands Across Philadelphia is Part of H.O.P.E. stands for Helping Organizations Promote Equity and is comprised of several organizations that serve Montgomery County. Co-Founded by Linda Fields of the Pennsylvania Montgomery County Democratic Black Caucus and Corinne Landauer of Marion Lawrence Foundation, the aforementioned groups, in collaboration with organizations such as NAACP, Coalition 4 Justice and New Pennsylvania Project align to collectively, educate, empower and serve communities in Montgomery County and Metro Areas.
- VIP Meet & Greet 3:00pm – 5:00pm Meet a direct descendant of Frederick Douglass.
- A Historic Dinner 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Live jazz performance, The Frederick Douglas Jazz Works Band
- Book Presentations to youth From Philadelphia & Montgomery County
- President of The Philadelphia Tuskegee Airmen Melvin Payne & Dr. Richardson
- Sgt. Benjamin Barry Veteran of the Battle of the Bulge
- Karen Asper Jordon Cecil B. Moore Freedom Fighters
- Alfie Pollitt Pianist to Teddy PenderGrass, which earned Alfie two platinum recording credits
- Christopher Oulds International Youth Vocalist , Artist
- Gabrielle Green youth Advocate Vocalist and School of Rock Participant
Location: Springfield Community Center
Address: 1200 Willow Grove Ave
Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Date: Saturday, October 30
Time: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Cost: $125 $75
Special Guest: Great-great grandson of Frederick Douglass